Friday 17 January 2014

Outrageous Orange Obsession



Outrageous Orange Obsession


If only orange lipstick counted as 1 of your 5 fruit and veg a day, I would definitely be hitting my vitamin C requirements!

Sadly it doesn't but it still leaves you with fantastic bold lovable lips.

So I decided to put a few of these lipsticks to the test. 


1. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm                 
2. MAC Lipstick
3. No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick
 



1. First up was Revlon's Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Tease.
This one is following the chubby stick lip trend. It's super moisturising, super smooth and delivers a super shine. It goes on pretty easily and even has a minty tang.
It's a strong and bold colour, and the pigmentation is pretty strong. The colour is not my favourite orange shade but I love the actual colorburst product and the finish from it.



2. Mac Lipstick in Morange

From the usual MAC lipstick packaging, this is an amplified crème lipstick. This lipstick goes on really well, it's dreamy creamy! The colour is definitely one that will stand out. It's vivid, bold and fierce. I think it would suit any skin tones and all topped off with a lovely vanilla taste. One little tip is that it's not so moisturising as other lip products out there, so I prefer putting on a little Vaseline before applying this lipstick. Mmm morange!


3. No 7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Gay Geranium

You start by swivelling up the lipstick and then there's a coral-orange explosion when the lipstick pops up. This colour is vibrant and a bit more pinky than the others. It's from their long lasting range.  It certainly lasts but I was a bit disappointed at how dry it made my lips. I found it quite hard to put on as it dried them out straight away. I also found it a little bit hard to apply due to the shape of it, unfortunately this resulted in a little lipstick on the teeth problem. Its durability is good though and who could resist a name like this!


Overall I would definitely say MAC would win the orange lips if you're going all out, the colour is beautiful but for a more subtle tone and daytime orange look Revlon's colorburst definitely ticks the box.

And if all else fails and orange is a no go, you can still use them in place of crayons!

L x

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucinda Freya | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig