Wednesday 21 May 2014

DIY Green Tea Ice Cubes


Hey Beauties!


It's going to be a slightly different post today. A special and super easy DIY task!

Now I know summer is looming and this usually means the sun makes an appearance! (Well fingers crossed!) And when it gets that little bit hotter, sometimes your face can get a little bit puffier and allergies/hayfever can play up like crazyyyy!
My eyes especially get so swollen and sticky.
So I figured that this simple little trick eased some of my symptoms.






Green Tea Ice Cubes

It really is super super easy to make and if you don't suffer from allergies, it's just a lovely soothing facial!

1. First you've got to make some tea! I just used Green Tea, but I suppose any flavour green tea will work, so if you've got some fruity green tea, give it a go. So boil your kettle, pop a bag in and let it brew.



2. After a few mins, take out the bag, and pour your tea into some ice cube trays! (Be 
careful, the tea is HOT!)

3. Pop it in your freezer and patiently wait a few hours

4. Your ice cubes should be frozen! And you're ready to soothe.






Once you have your ice cubes, you're ready to rock and roll with them. I like to roll them around my face in circular motions. A little tip is to hold them in kitchen roll at the hand end. Sometimes it can get a bit chilly, if it's too cold just cover them in a cloth. I find this ice cube trick really helps my puffiness, and really refreshes! It's not going to cure your beauty problems but it's definitely a little soother, which I totally love! And it's really cheap!




(It can leave your face a little gloopy afterwards so just wash it off!)


Have you tried green tea ice cubes before?

L x

SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea, and PERFECT considering it's comming up to summer and we need stuff like this to cool us down! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're super refreshing! Fingers crossed the sun comes out lots this summer! x

      Delete

© Lucinda Freya | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig