Saturday 13 December 2014

Blogmas Day 13: Foundation Mixing



Morning Beauties!

Hope you have some great plans for the weekend! I'm sure it probably means finishing up your christmas shopping or if you're a last minute type of person like me, starting to attempt it!

I thought I'd make this post all about mixing! I'm one of those people who likes to buy lots of makeup, and then after a while I get bored of it. So instead of just using something new I've bought, I like to start mixing and this is exactly what I did the other day!

I'd been enjoying wearing my MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation, as it was giving such a lovely glow when I wore it but as lately I've been unwell my skin tone started turning a bit yellower and so I was literally glowing a stronger weird yellow colour whilst wearing this! I decided that I needed to use another foundation with a bit more coverage to take the yellow glow away! So I dug out an old YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. 


MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation



I absolutely love this foundation and I used to wear it everyday for such a long time a few years ago but I was still searching for a bit more of a glow than this foundation offered. So what did I do?

I MIXED and well I can tell you that this mixture is absolutely a little gem! 

MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation + YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

= such a beautiful healthy glow and actual coverage. 

I urge you to give it a go if you're after this kind of finish. Even if it's just grabbing some samples of them and testing it out yourself. I felt pretty proud of myself for finding this little beauty and I think I'll be mixing for quite some time!

Now if MAC and YSL were to combine these it would be incredible! 

Have you ever combined 2 products you love and found a new favourite?

L x
SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. I never mixed foundations before. One thing I like to do, especially in the winter and when my skin is behaving, I mix foundation with my moisturizer, sheering it out a little.
    This way I can wear shades that no longer exactly match, but still get a little coverage along with some moisture.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great tip! I do this too. It's great how easily you can change a product just to suit your needs! :) x

      Delete
  2. Currently mixing Estée Lauder DoubleWear light with Nars Orgasm Illuminator liquid and dying of happiness each time! Perfect together. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so glad you've found perfection. That sounds such an amazing combination, I must mix it up! haha x

      Delete

© Lucinda Freya | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig